- Mohsen Azimi-Nezhad
Research Associate Professor of Medical Genetics
Head of Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com /citations?hl=en&user=Fe6hYQ0AAAAJ
- Mitra Hariri
Research Assistant Professor of Nutritional Sciences
Scientific Vice the Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center
The Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center, it is part of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Technology of Neyshabour School of Medical Sciences to promote research related to the field of health, especially in the field of non-communicable diseases and comprehensive health care. This organization tries to promote research at all levels of the university and meet the needs of society. Currently, non-communicable diseases are responsible for more than 53% of the world's disease burden. 80% of these cases occur in developing countries, among which more than 76% of the total disease burden in Iran is non-communicable diseases, the purpose of this center is to prevent the occurrence of epidemics and control them as much as possible at the site of occurrence. The gaps in Neyshabour city are lack of knowledge about the prevalence of risk factors, efforts to improve them, accurate knowledge of the determinants of non-communicable diseases. By achieving its organizational goals and missions in the field of providing control programs based on comprehensive scientific research, this center will reduce the organizational costs and implement effective measures for public health. This center will collect and prepare scientific documents and evidence in the field of non-communicable diseases by creating appropriate scientific and research fields, observing ethics in research and intellectual property rights. It is worth mentioning that this organization believes in transparency in conducting all stages of research to produce reliable evidence on the prevalence and risk factors of diseases and health policies. Also, the members of the center and all its collaborating researchers are committed to implementing acceptable global and national steps and models in production of their documents and evidence so that the results of the research are compatible with global and regional results.
- Growth and development of equipment and scientific and research facilities of the center·
- Development of science by increasing the production of prestigious domestic and foreign articles·
- Carrying out research needed by the community in the fields of health and hygiene·
- Creating a suitable platform for conducting clinical and basic research in the field of non-communicable diseases and related diseases·
- Conducting basic research to produce science and help solve regional and international problems in the field of non-communicable diseases·
- Scientific cooperation with research and educational centers of other countries and international organizations in the form of joint projects at the national and international levels and attracting research grants·
- Creating suitable conditions for training and employing human resources in the field of control of non-communicable diseases·
- Expanding the knowledge of people in the community (including faculty members, students and individuals in the community)·
- Generate knowledge and technology in the fight against non-communicable diseases, including molecular diseases and cancer·
- Development of information systems and health care system·
- Conducting basic epidemiological and clinical research to correct the view of providing health services in order to meet the needs of society·
- Collect, organize and classify health-related documents and publish them· Development of new treatment methods for non-communicable diseases·
- Raising the priority of non-communicable diseases at different levels and integrating prevention and control programs of these diseases in all policies of government departments
The Non-Communicable Diseases Research Center has been established to promote health-related research, particularly in the field of non-communicable diseases and comprehensive health care and it tries to excel in promoting research at all levels of the university and meeting the needs of society.This center presents its mission through the above:·
Conducting various scientific researches in the field of prevention of non-communicable diseases·
Identify the primary risk factors and control them as much as possible·
Moving in line with the goals of the Health System Transformation Program and achieving comprehensive conclusions in the field of prevention in the first, second and third levels of non-communicable diseases·
Reduce organizational costs and implement effective measures for public health
This center intends to be the top research center in the region and the east of the country in the field of research leading to the production of evidence related to non-communicable diseases and policies of the country's health system. This organization has prepared the conditions for conducting research studies of professors and students in order to inform, prevent and treat chronic and common diseases of the city by employing specialized forces in order to improve the level of health and spread science and technology by providing sufficient facilities and It intends to become the origin of fundamental and applied research in the field of control of infectious diseases, cancer and genetic diseases, endemic diseases, etc. by connecting to the prestigious scientific centers of the country in the northeastern region of Iran.
Also, the non-communicable diseases research center will be upgraded to one of the top centers in the province in the coming years with the continuous improvement of scientific activities, providing the required physical space, financial and human resources, with the firm approval of the relevant ministry.
One: In order to expand research and provide solutions in health care, and according to this statute, the Research Center for Non-Communicable Diseases, which in this statute is called "Research Center". In order to achieve the following goals, it was agreed in principle.Two: Goals: 1- Development and application of human knowledge in the field of "non-communicable diseases"
2- Conducting basic epidemiological and clinical researches in order to reform the system of providing health services in order to meet the needs of the Islamic society.
3- Collecting, arranging and classifying relevant documents, articles and documents and publishing them
4- Training of researcher human resources in the field of "non-communicable diseases"
5- Encouraging and employing researchers
6- Efforts to attract the attention and cooperation of relevant research and executive centers in the country
7- Scientific cooperation with research and educational centers of other countries and international organizations in compliance with the laws and regulations of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Three: The pillars of the center are:
- The Supreme Council
B- The head of the center
Four: The Members of the Supreme Council of the center are
1- Head of Neyshabour School of Medical Sciences
2- Vice Chancellor for Research, Neyshabour School of Medical Sciences
3- Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs of Neyshabour School of Medical Sciences
4- Head of the center
5- Three faculty members of the center with the proposal of the president of the center and the approval of the president of the university
Five: The duties of the High Council of the Center are as follows:
1- Approving the research policy of the center
2- Approving cooperation plans with other universities and educational and research institutes inside and outside the country and international organizations in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations.
3- Reviewing and approving the annual report of the center's activities
4- Reviewing and approving the annual budget of the center within the scope of allocated credits and observing the legal criteria
5- Approving the instructions related to the internal affairs of the Supreme Council and the executive instructions of the Research Center
6- Proposing the organization of the center
Note: The approvals of the High Council of the Center will be based on policies and guidelines and coordination with the Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education.
Six: The head of the center is appointed every four years on the proposal of the high council of the center and the decree of the president of the University of Medical Sciences, and her re-election is unrestricted.Seven: Duties of the head of the center:
The head of the center is the highest executive official of the center and acts within the legal criteria and approvals of the Supreme Council to perform the assigned duties and affairs.
Eight: Members of the center: The center has two types of members as follows:
A- Associate members: which are full-time faculty members and experts of the center.
B- Associate members: who are faculty members of other departments of the University of Medical Sciences or other universities and institutions of higher education.
Nine: Center financial resources:
A- Revenues from the services of the center according to legal regulations
B- Assistance and gifts of natural and legal persons
C- Government credits in case of allocation
- According to the resolution of the 270th session dated 9/10/1397 of the Council for the Development of Medical Universities, this statute was approved in 9 articles and one note. Obviously, if according to the regulations for the establishment of public medical research centers approved by the 255th session of the Council for the Development of Medical Universities on 17/5/1395, the said center did not succeed in obtaining the final agreement within the deadline, this statute will be ineffective.